Monday, September 17, 2012

kids playing in Vastra Hamnen schoolyard


I know this has little if anything to do with sustainable design, but I was riding my bike by the school in Vastra Hamnen and a bunch of kids were at recess.  I am always intrigued by children and how they interact and often wonder if their relationships and interactions have anything to do with culture and/ or the society into which they grow as they get older.  when I saw the kids playing I stopped to watch for a minute.  what I saw was amazing.
kids playing in the sand in Vastra Hamnen
kids playing at the Vastra Hamnen school during recess
I realized almost immediately that I needed to take a picture of the scene because it was so interesting.  the kids were rough housing in the sand in a way that was absolutely amazing.  I'm not entirely sure if it was a game or just kids being kids, but I've never seen anything like it.
rough housing during recess
the kids were rough housing and knocking each other into the sand.  it was madness and mayhem
basically a kid would run up to another kid and shove him off his feet onto the ground.  then another kid would do the same to that kid or someone else.  it seemed random.  boys were knocking down boys, boys were knocking down girls, girls were knocking down boys.  it was a free for all.  yes, the teacher was standing about 10 meters away watching (to the right in the first picture).
kids lying all over the place in the sand
the aftermath right before the end of recess
and yes, it was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment